Friday, January 14, 2011

Month Six: A Thousand Kisses Deep

Dempsey is looking out for me. I have mentioned his peaceful disposition and in his brother's blog, I talked about how once I had to ask Dempsey to go right back to sleep to help get Madeus to sleep and he did. Tonight, he was fussing a bit going to sleep and I went in to rock him, not because he really needed it, but because I wanted an escape from the madness and effort of getting a three year old to bed. Since Dempsey falls to sleep on his own most often now, he doesn't take much to rocking anymore. But tonight, I said, "please don't make me got out there" and he just let me rock and rock him. And instead of singing, he let me keep kissing him, turning from cheek to cheek, back and forth, as the rocker moved. I would add in a neck kisses in between which always sent him smiling. This probably went on for about twenty minutes. I hope I will always remember the complete bliss of kissing those red, squishy, glorious cheeks.

1 comment:

  1. This boy is definitely our "Yoda" child. As Letia posted, he brings peace and love to your heart in an instant - at first glance. He is beginning to look at his older brother, Madeus, in wonder and with love. This relationship is going to be one for the books - a MOMA's prediction. Very good lines Letia - very good. The boys will treasure your notes on their lives at these stages and their mother and dad.

    ReplyDelete